Saturday, July 30, 2011

Autumn dreaming

Although I've been moaning about all of the miserable weather in Edmonton, and summer hasn't been particularly summery, I am getting incredibly excited for autumn to come! (Slightly more exciting however is the Edmonton Folk Music Festival in a few days, which I am attending with two of my very dear friends, where we will enjoy fabulous music, people watching, and celebrating my 20th birthday.)

But in defence of my love for autumn, I love the versatility and the colours! What other season can you comfortably wear dresses, shorts, skirts, as well as beautiful cardigans, boots and scarves? And to make it better, it means back to classes! I am incredibly excited for this year as I will be starting my individualized minor! After lots of compromise and work, I am finally able to take a minor that includes courses in textile sciences, apparel design and construction, a study of fashion industries, introductory design courses, a history of photography and several courses on media and advertising from the fields of sociology and women's studies. I'm truly excited for this to finally have come together, because I feel like I have finally found something I am truly passionate about, and I believe that combining this minor with my English major will provide me with a Bachelor's degree that will open up a lot of opportunities that I will love.

I look forward to wearing the rich, diverse colours of autumn: the cranberries, ochres, browns, oranges and olives.

6 Comments:

At August 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Marie a la Mode said...

This would be a perfect fall outfit! Although I'm hoping summer lasts a little bit longer ; ) Enjoy the folkfest!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:02 PM , Anonymous Marie a la Mode said...

This would be a perfect fall outfit! Although I'm hoping summer lasts a little bit longer ; ) Enjoy the folkfest!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Julianna Damer said...

Are you taking Human Ecology classes?? How exciting!
Also, what's this history of photography class you speak of? I want in! :P

 
At August 16, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Danielle said...

I am, I will be taking Hecol 170, 241 and 268 in the fall term, as well as 254 in the winter.
The history of photography class is in the winter term, it's Art H 210, there are still some spots open!
One day soon I should have Philippe (de Montigny) introduce us, he's my best friend, that's actually how I found your blog.

 
At August 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Julianna Damer said...

That's great, those are great classes! I'm not taking 241, so I don't know about that one but I'm sure it'll be alright.
I wish I had space left in my schedule to try that Art H class. It sounds quite interesting and there are no prereqs. :(

How cool! We should for sure meet up for coffee sometime during school and chat. Ya, he also told me about your blog as well. :)

 
At August 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous Danielle said...

That's good to hear! I'm pretty excited to see how 241 turns out, the previous syllabi looked pretty cool!

I'm definitely up for coffee!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Autumn dreaming

This page has moved to a new address.

Autumn dreaming