Friday, August 19, 2011

Forever Young

Today this title has absolutely nothing with what I want to talk about. It comes from the song I've had stuck in my head ALL DAY. By around 8 PM, I was tired of hearing my brain repeat "forever young, forever young, do you really want to be forever young? forever young, forever young, do you really want to be forever young? forever, forever, do you really want to be forever young. forever young, forever young, do you really want to be forever young? forever, forever, forever..." And on, and on, and on. When my parents had no clue what the song was, I resorted to Google. After a few seconds of searching, I discovered that the song plaguing my brain was "Forever Young" by Alphaville. (In case you're wondering, I'm now listening to KT Tunstall, which is a welcome change.)

What I would like to bring up today is body image and weight, and in particular this article from Garance Doré. Although I have ambivalent feelings towards the pressure to be thin and skinny, I strongly believe that it is necessary to strive for a body weight/size that is healthy and natural for each person. If that means you're a size 2 and have a slender build or if you're an 16 and rocking some curves, so be it. What I appreciated from this post by Doré is that she didn't focus on the topic of size and weight, but rather the differences in lifestyle choices. So far, the response to her post has been mixed, but I am excited to see what sort of debate it will stir up.


What do you think of Garance Doré's post? What kind of impact do you think it will have? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Forever Young

This page has moved to a new address.

Forever Young