Monday, September 19, 2011

Summer in September


One of the great parts of September is that I am sifting through the influx of new music discovered at Folk Fest. By this time of the month, I have distinguished what my favourite songs are, and they get some pretty regular playtime on my iPod. For fun, I put together a playlist on 8tracks that is made of some of my favourite songs of the moment. 


Mil Besos- Patty Griffin
Janglin- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Deaf- Jon Bryant
Tainted Love- Imelda May
Boy in a Rock and Roll Band- The Pierces
Sixty Years On- Brandi Carlile
Imitosis- Andrew Bird
Inside Out- Imelda May
Fantastic Feeling- Colleen Brown
Home- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
The Supine- Andrew Bird


Some of these songs aren't recent discoveries (like Colleen Brown, Jon Bryant, and The Pierces) but they have all been visited regularly, so they make the list! Pictured above is the henna tattoo I got on the second day of the festival. 

Yes, I definitely wore lipstick every day of the festival. My friends
thought I was crazy, but I really don't feel myself without it.

Andrew Bird! 

What's your favourite place to find new music? Any current favourite songs?







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Summer in September

This page has moved to a new address.

Summer in September